Skills that you create using Alexa Skill Blueprints should not contain content that is offensive or otherwise inappropriate, such as hate speech or other derogatory content; content that promotes Nazi or fascist groups, violence, illegal activities, terrorism, or illegal drugs; profanity; simulated gambling; cultural intolerance; or explicit sexual or vulgar content.
Your skill should not provide medical or health information without a clear disclaimer in the description stating that the information provided by the skill is for informational and educational purposes only.
Your skill should not include content that infringes on someone else’s intellectual property, such as skills that make copyrighted content available without consent, or use a company’s brand or logo or a person’s likeness in a way that might mislead customers.
Kids skills that you create using Alexa Skill Blueprints cannot promote or sell any products, content or services, or direct customers to engage with content outside of Alexa; collect personal information from customers; or include content not suitable for all ages.
Your skill should not solicit donations or contain advertisements except for a few permitted exceptions listed below:
- Streaming music, streaming radio, podcast, and flash briefing skills may include audio advertisements as long as (1) the advertisements do not use Alexa's voice or a similar voice, refer to Alexa, or imitate Alexa interactions and (2) the skill does not include more or materially different advertising than is included when the same or similar content is made available outside of Alexa.
- Skills that allow customers to order products or services may include audio messaging promoting those products or services.
- Skills may include audio messaging informing customers of promotional offers or deals in response to specific requests from customers.
- Skills that are specifically designed to promote a product or service may include audio messaging promoting that product or service.
Skills that pass the review process, but are not suitable for all ages, are assigned Mature or Guidance Suggested ratings. In the Alexa Skills Store, the page that shows detailed information about a skill also shows the rating. The following are the criteria for ratings, which applies to all content in the skill including advertising.Guidance Suggested
The content of the skill is appropriate for most users. The skill may include the following content:
- Nudity or descriptions of nudity within medical, informational or artistic contexts
- Infrequent or mild references to cultural or religious intolerance
- Infrequent or mild realistic, cartoon, or fantasy violence or descriptions of violence
- Infrequent or mild references to alcohol and/or tobacco
- Infrequent or mild sexual or suggestive themes
- Infrequent use of mild profanity or crude humor
The content of the skill is only appropriate for mature users. The skill may include the following content, in addition to content classified as Guidance Suggested:
- Frequent or mild references to cultural or religious intolerance
- Frequent or graphic realistic, cartoon, or fantasy violence or descriptions of violence
- Frequent or explicit references to or images of alcohol and/or tobacco
- Frequent profanity or crude humor, including insult humor or humor with the intent to offend
- References to gambling or betting
We reserve the right to remove content that violates these guidelines or is otherwise illegal or objectionable.